June 21, 2008

Names...

Names...something which is really important when we want to recognize something. Name also can be defined as a word or set of words by which someone or something is known, addressed, or referred to.

Well...of course I have my own name. Simply because a name can show that the people is famous, not to say it will show some kind of a reputation, especially a good one.You see, when a baby was born, the parent will give a name to him or her. Of course it will use to identify or mention by name. When we see a friend or a person, we supposed to called him or her by their name right?...

Since my real name is about 3 miles away (too long for certain people and forms - usually not enough space for my name. Baka!), I really love my name. So that, to make it easy for certain people to called me in any kind of situations, I already divided by name for my own good too...Lets check it out!

Among my family, they called me Along - since I'm the eldest from half of dozen siblings. For me, it show some kind of respects whether they did not called me Kak Long, it is acceptable. My other relatives usually called me by my middle name (I've told you my name is 3 blocks) - Imah. Same goes to my cousins etc. - they will called me Imah or Kak Imah if they are younger than me.

Next, when I started my school's life - people (teachers and friends), will called my first name - Sharifah. It is the most famous name in the school - because not all the people got that kind of name at the time. Usually girl's name will come with Nur, Nor or Siti - so that, it make me can be recognize easily if I joined any competitions or contests.

When I moved to my current-home now, I'm in Standard 6. Maybe, due to that I'm not kind of girl who soft-hearted, they changed my name to Sharif. More boyish and it kind of showed my attitude at that time, a bit rough plus my voice always been misunderstood as boy...*sigh*

Well...since then, people called me Sharif, even the teachers when I went to secondary school. Something which I really remembered until now, when I am in Form 2, we had some PBSM ( Red Crossent Society) meeting. There was a boy, my junior (whether we are peer - same ages - I passed PTS's exam) doubted why my commander called me Sharif. He said, "She is a girl. Why people called her with a boyish name?"... Seriously, I am really angry and mad at the time. I love my name but this boy, Nafis asked something like that. Even, he called me Efah! Not only that, he asked his friends (most of them are PBSM's member) to called me like that. *sigh* ... But, since then, we became good friends until now.

When I finished secondary school, I went to the Matriculation College. I got really nice practicum-mates. Still people called me Sharif. My friends and lecturers called me like that too...Even, when my friends want introduced me to any people, Sharif is the words. Means that I lost Sharifah name ages... But then, there was a friend who called me Alice...Nice name right? *smile*

Its time to further my studies in the higher-institution...Here, I want to change my attitudes, my names and everything about me (simply my mom kept mumbling about that)...So that, when I introduced myself, I let them know that my name is Shafaza. Yup! Thats the best name...Since the matric card put my name as Zahrah, sometimes I even dont know that I've been called upon...*Gee! Really embarassing!*

When I went to Teaching Training, my students called me Teacher Shafaza or Miss Shafaza. Just want to avoid them from called me with weird names. Some of them asked me whether they can called me as Cikgu Atim, Cikgu Sherry, Cikgu Zahrah etc. Yik! Those names does not suits me! My practical-mates, Wardah called me as Sharifah or sometimes "Makcik", where else, Taufik called me as "Pah" .

Something that I realized, everytime people around me called me by the name that I told them, my roomates will called me by the different names than my classmates did. For example, in matriculation, my roomates - Badiah, Mira and Niza - called me Sharifah. To be honest, Badiah called me "Makcik", Mira called me "Adik" and Niza called me "Sharifah"... In my 1st year, my roomate, Nora called me "Pah", and same goes to Mira (2nd-year roomate), she called me "Pah" too...My 3rd-year roomate, called me "Adik"...I dont know who will be my roomate next semester, I hope she will call me with a nice name too..

Someone had called me Zahrah before. I mean, my 1st-love. He was the only one who called me like that because he thought that I will be some kind of special for him to call me with the name that people will not called me as. By the way, it already left as the history...I am single now...

I got any other names too...Its usually been used by those people who really stubborn, who refused to hear me said no to them. For example, Siela (JMC-UTM), she called me "Maksu Timah". She never failed to called me like that everytime we met around the matrix or university. Lucky that she already grad last sem, so that, for sure no one will called me like that after this...*laugh*

There are 2 girls from Physics courses who called me Sherry...Wana and Yana are really like that. I knew them since matriculation too...and they will stop only if I mad to them...*smile*

Zara is kind of new to me, but told you that I really love that name, besides Shafaza. I just felt that the name looked strong and powerful. Well, only some people called me like that, but seriously, I never felt that I am really invincible until I used that name...*laugh*

2 사랑해 Kisses From You:

cahya indah said...

well, makcik Zara..looks like u really enjoy writing all these stuff ;) write more okay..

♛ LORD ZARA 札拉 ♛ said...

hahahaha...
am I?
I just need to write...
and its make u happy too...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin